Tuesday 24 January 2012

Jennifer Angus....Insect Artist!

I just came across this Canadian artist, Jennifer Angus when I was doing some research for school.  She uses dried insects to make intricate patterns on walls and often creates full room installations. 
I think it is wonderful, and I'm in awe!








Some videos.....in these clips she talks about how she believes pattern is a language and is used for communication...an interesting thought!

This video shows in depth, the long process in which she goes about creating a piece for an exhibition...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even imagine how much work takes to set up her exhibition. I hope her show inspires us to protect the insect's habitat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Carole - it must take a lot of patience! You're right about the conservation side of things too - she really shows them off as items to love and cherish. x

      Delete
  2. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information. tarme dei tessuti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. insetticida fumigante

    ReplyDelete